NDT Inspection Plug
TML / UT Point Label Installation
Locate and mark the insulation jacket where the NDT test plug is required:
- Use a hole saw to penetrate the insulation jacket, cutting a circumference equal to the size of the NDT Inspection Plug to be installed.
- Remove the final layer of insulation, to expose the substrate for electronic and/or visual inspection.
- After inspection, re-insert the insulation or replace with a high density material.
- Insert the Sleeve.
- Note: Caulking around sleeve for cold applications is recommended
- Install the NDT Locking Ring and Lanyard.
- Insert the NDT Plug Cap to create a seal.
TML / UT Labels
Be sure application surface is at room temperature or slightly higher:
- Minimum application temperature for the adhesive is 58°F (15°C).
- Clean and dry the application surface for maximum bond strength.
- Surface should also be free of loose particulate, such as dust, dirt and corrosion.
- Note: Acrylic adhesive requires 48-72 hours to achieve 90% of its ultimate bond strength.